The recipe below has been adapted from Damndelicious.com
Cranberry Orange Sauce
Makes 3 cups
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed organic orange juice
- Zest of ½ an orange (optional)
- ½ cup coconut sugar or coconut nectar
- 12 ounces of fresh organic cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, orange zest (if using), sugar and ¾ cup water over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in cranberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and let the sauce simmer until it has thickened, about 15 minutes. WARNING do wear an apron and not your thanksgiving outfit when preparing. These little cranberries pop as they heat up and could potentially splatter on you. It happened to me!
- Let cool completely before serving.
Serve on top of Coconut Bliss ice cream with a side of pie or on the side of your Thanksgiving feast!